Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pink with a Gold Fade

This was a random, light-bulb moment, inspired set I did on myself. I had just gotten the new baby pink color - and was so excited about creating my own 3d shapes with acrylic! So I did the sparkly, baby pink on all my nails then filed, and buffed as usual (so they were completed to the point where you would usually just put the top coat on and call them finished). But, how boring would that have been if I had just left it at that?

Next I built/shaped the white hearts on my ring fingers - using OPI competition white acrylic powder. I did have to buff the top of the hearts once they were dry/set to give them a smooth finish, but while the acrylic was drying I mixed some gold, dry sparkles with a clear nail polish on a piece of tin foil. I then used a cosmetic sponge to fade the gold sparkles on top of the pink. (P.S. I LOVE GOLD!) I did this on all my nails except the ring finger - it was to accent the gold outline I put on the heart as well as the cheetah print on the hearts! 

What do you think? I still absolutely adore this set!!!


3d Gold lined cheetah heart




No comments:

Post a Comment